- To maximise the amount of Department of Defence (DoD) business conducted in Western Australia.
- To assist members, and in particular Small to Medium Business Enterprises (SMEs), in their dealings with the Department of Defence.
- To facilitate the dissemination of Department of Defence policy and procurement information to members (through the AIDN Web Pages).
- To represent members in the presentation of their views, independent of Federal or sectoral interests, to Government departments.
- To assist with and facilitate networking between State Defence Industry bodies to enhance competitiveness and offset imported products.
- To represent members on forums, working groups and committees relating to Defence products.
- To actively promote the Buy Australian Program and the ALL aims and objectives, and assist members in participating in industry development programs.
- To develop and build upon working relationships with appropriate elements of DoD Industry Branch and procurement authorities.
- To ensure that relevant DoD departments and officers are aware of the products and capabilities within member organizations and networks.
- To provide a complete range of member services including industry forums, briefing sessions, training programs and networking opportunities to increase members competitiveness.
- To work closely with the relevant State government representatives and organizations to formulate a consistent strategy toward Defence procurement development, especially at a local level.
- To assist members in maximising their profitability through enhanced business opportunities and initiatives, which improve management skills and expertise.